David Tennant, Jack Dee, Stephen Fry, Miranda Hart, Claudia Winkleman, Jason Manford, David Mitchell, Dara O’Briain, Paul O’Grady, Sue Perkins, Jo Brand, Jimmy Carr, Lee Mack, Richard Bacon, Vernon Kay, Sir David Frost, Barbara Windsor, Russell Tovey, Charlie Brooker, Christopher Biggins, Ulrika Jonsson, Patricia Hodge and Jedward are just some of the star studded line-up set to keep David Walliams company – and help him stay awake – as he takes on the marathon challenge of anchoring the UK’s first-ever live, online streamed 24 hour panel show.
With a whole host of formats across 24 hours and a whole heap of funny people, 24 Hour Panel People is a comedy event of epic proportions that will see David taking part in some of TV’s most iconic panel shows, all in aid of Comic Relief. Taking part for the full 24 hours, David will switch between the roles of team captain, panellist and host across the day.
As well as an abundance of funny people, the epic event will be bringing back some much loved, all time classics shows, including The Generation Game, Blankety Blank, Through The Keyhole, They Think It’s All Over, Room 101, Call My Bluff, Give Us A Clue and Whose Line Is It Anyway.
Alongside the classics, current favourites that will feature include Have I Got News For You, Would I Lie To You, 8 Out Of 10 Cats, Celebrity Juice, Mock The Week, QI, Mastermind, Never Mind The Buzzcocks and Just A Minute.
Highlights from across the day include:
· The Generation Game – David and his mum battle it out against comedian Miranda Hart and her on screen mother, actress Patricia Hodge, with Vernon Kay as host.
· Just A Minute – Radio 4’s classic show makes its on screen debut, giving fans the chance to see host Nicholas Parsons in action alongside guests including Shelia Hancock, Tony Hawks, Lee Mack and of course David Walliams.
· Blankety Blank – returning to the show he hosted as alter-ego Lily Savage, Paul O’Grady hosts a special edition of the celebrity game-show as himself. Guests include Barbara Windsor, David Tennant, Stacey Solomon and, yes you guessed it, David Walliams.
· Through The Keyhole – the legendary Sir David Frost returns along with Loyd Grossman to take a peak into a famous home.
· Nick Hancock returns for the sporting quiz They Think It’s All Over. Richard Bacon and Gabby Logan are among those on the panel alongside David, who will be taking part in classic rounds such as Feel The Sportsman.
· In Room 101 Nick will also learn about David’s pet hates as he tries to persuade him to banish them forever.
· Celebrating a bygone era of television, the BBC’s first ever panel show, What’s My Line, returns hosted by Stephen K Amos with Christopher Biggins among the guests joining David.
· Clive Anderson, Tony Slattery and Josie Lawrence are reuniting for the classic improvisation show, Whose Line Is It Anyway along with comedian Neil Mullarkey and David.
· Chris O’Dowd will be looking to make sweet music with David in Never Mind The Buzzcocks.
· Russell Tovey, Sue Perkins, Sean Lock and David will be keeping host Stephen Fry and the audience entertained with interesting facts in QI.
· David Mitchell, Lee Mack, Fay Ripley and Claudia Winkleman join David as they try to bluff about their deepest darkest secrets in Would I Lie To You.
· Dara O’Briain, Andy Parsons and Seann Walsh join David to take a satirical swipe at the news and world events in Mock The Week.
· Jimmy Carr hosts an episode of 8 Out Of 10 Cats joined by David, Sean Lock, Jamelia, Josh Widdicombe and Jon Richardson.
· In Celebrity Juice Leigh Francis will be testing David, Lauren Lavern, Professor Germaine Greer and show regulars Rufus Hound and Jedward on the week’s tabloid fodder.
· Una Stubbs and Lionel Blair are reuniting for Give Us A Clue and joining them are David and Christopher Biggins.
· Jack Dee presents a revival of It’s Only TV with David, Danny Wallace, Ulrika Jonsson, Charlie Brooker and Tom Deacon.
· Marcus Brigstocke and Rufus Hound will be arguing and debating along with David, Jo Brand, Dara O’Briain and Professor Germaine Greer in Argumental.
· In Call My Bluff, Russell Tovey will be among those joining David as they attempt to bamboozle one another.
· Griff Rhys Jones will be hosting a special edition of Mastermind with David among the guests taking a seat in the infamous black chair.
· A special edition of Have I Got News For You will feature Jason Manford and Patrick Kielty.
The whole of 24 Hour Panel People will stream live on bbc.co.uk/rednoseday from midday on Saturday 5th March until midday on Sunday 6th March. Highlights from the shows will air on BBC Three in 5 x 30 mins shows in the build up to Red Nose Day. Highlights will also air on BBC One on Red Nose Night.
All proceeds raised in support of this enormous feat will go to Comic Relief, to help people living incredibly tough lives both here in the UK and in Africa.
24 hours, a host of different formats, a whole heap of funny people and absolutely no sleep – has your laughing gear got what it takes to keep up? Don’t miss out – come join the fun.